Super User is a question and answer site for computer enthusiasts and power users. It's 100% free, no registration required.

Sign up
Here's how it works:
  1. Anybody can ask a question
  2. Anybody can answer
  3. The best answers are voted up and rise to the top

I need to do port forwarding on Windows 7.

I have machine A that runs a program, which connects to the internet. I need to debug this connection, and I can't install a sniffer for checking the packet transmission on this machine.

I want to connect A to another machine B. I would install a sniffer there, and use machine B to forward the packets to the internet.

This is why I need to install/enable a NAT server on B, which uses Windows 7.

share|improve this question
Port forwarding is usually done at a router between your computer and your Internet service provider. Can you describe your Internet connection setup, or at least explain why you need port forwarding? – William Jackson Nov 9 '11 at 16:41
I have program that need connect to WAN but it failed then I want check the packet transmit by sniffer I can't install sniffer on local machine my switch I havn't prmit run there sniffer – herzl shemuelian Nov 9 '11 at 16:45
If you can't install anything on machine A and you can on Machine B, there are options without any port forwarding. Here are some setups to capture traffic using wireshark: – MaQleod Nov 9 '11 at 17:37
you might find more help at: – Conrad.Dean Nov 9 '11 at 18:38
@Conrad.Dean It would be better not to ask these kinds of questions on Server Fault. It'd be off-topic there … or at least there's no reason to ask elsewhere when he can get help here as well. – slhck Nov 9 '11 at 18:48

The solution is to use tcpbridge.

I send the data from A to B, and on B I run the sniffer.

Then, I send the packets to the real destnation by using tcpbridge.

share|improve this answer

Your Answer


By posting your answer, you agree to the privacy policy and terms of service.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.