I'm using 4 Spaces with the "When switching to an application, switch to a space with open windows for the application" option turned off. But that means it's sometimes a real hunt trying to find the right space for an app. Is there a shortcut key or something that will do this?
To spell it out, because this might be unclear:
- I open an application X in space 1
- Sometime later I'm in space 4, and want to go to application X
- I alt-tab, now X is the active application - but I'm in space 4, and I can't see any windows.
- I start trawling around the various spaces, trying to remember where X's windows are.
- (Ideally instead I would push some key and jump straight somewhere useful)
I'm pretty new to OS X, so feel free to point out the bleeding obvious :)