I have a local Wampserver on Windows 7. With the LAN connection disabled, it runs as fast as I would expect. WIth the LAN connection enabled, it waits 20-30 seconds before serving pages either locally on the machine itself across the LAN:
I have tried:
- Disabling IPv6
- Specifying DNS servers explicitly rather than using DHCP to obtain them - no change
- Commenting out '::1 localhost' in the hosts file - no change
- Adding/removing various combinations of '127.0.0.1 localhost' in the hosts file - no change
- Specifying HostnameLookups Off in Apache and the equivalent in my.ini (MySQL skip-name-resolve) - no change.
I restarted the services after each change.
It does seem to be some kind of DNS lookup issue but I have tried everything I can think of.