Super User is a question and answer site for computer enthusiasts and power users. Join them; it only takes a minute:

Sign up
Here's how it works:
  1. Anybody can ask a question
  2. Anybody can answer
  3. The best answers are voted up and rise to the top

How is it called when streaming (e.g. FireWire streaming) of video or audio stucks (or freezes) after about 10 minutes and I need to reset the streaming process (or reset the FireWire bus) to make it work again?

May I call it a "streaming freeze"?

share|improve this question

It is called an "end of stream error". The connection is lost (due to network congestion or an internal issue) and the streaming buffer is reset.


share|improve this answer

You must log in to answer this question.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged .