Take the 2-minute tour ×
Super User is a question and answer site for computer enthusiasts and power users. It's 100% free, no registration required.

I've been searching for a device that simple allows me to pick one input and one output from multiple input/outputs. I thought this would be a called a switch but I can only find ones with one input. Is there such a device that can do this?

I will be attaching various devices, i.e. multiple console sound, PC & Laptop inputs and outputting to my speakers or headphones. I'm looking for something small and simple.

All inputs and outputs are 3.5mm.

share|improve this question

closed as off topic by Ƭᴇcʜιᴇ007, slhck, music2myear, studiohack Nov 14 '11 at 18:06

Questions on Super User are expected to relate to computer software or computer hardware within the scope defined by the community. Consider editing the question or leaving comments for improvement if you believe the question can be reworded to fit within the scope. Read more about reopening questions here.If this question can be reworded to fit the rules in the help center, please edit the question.

You mean a patchbay? –  slhck Nov 14 '11 at 16:57
Probably better asked on the AV StackExchange? –  Ƭᴇcʜιᴇ007 Nov 14 '11 at 17:00
Agreed, but you might want to specify what exactly you need. Which devices are you connecting? "Input/Output" can be anything from small or large jack connectors to XLR, RCA cables, TosLink, DIN, S/PDIF, et cetera. –  slhck Nov 14 '11 at 17:08
Thanks, I've updated my question. –  David Nguyen Nov 14 '11 at 17:12
It's still a shopping question, therefore off-topic here, but you either want to get a "mixer" that accepts 1/8" 3.5mm input or similar: amazon.com/Rolls-Stereo-Channel-Mixer-Passive/dp/B00102XUX6 –  slhck Nov 14 '11 at 17:45

Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.