I want to remotely control my home desktop PC (running Windows 7 Professional), mainly to perform the following tasks:
- Downloading email attachments, and sending emails with attachments
- Running UI-less programs whose only inputs are files and whose only outputs are files
So far, the only solution I have found is to use Remote Desktop to connect to my PC, but this is very slow and inefficient, especially when there is no fast Internet connection available other than my cell phone's.
I would like to be able to send batch commands to my PC, like:
- Download an email attachment
- Use it as input for an UI-less program
- Save the program's output to a file
- Send that file to myself as an email attachment
Is this possible? How could I do it?