Appreciate all advice 0n the following questions
Which database systems (Ms SQL 2008, MS SQL Compact, or others) comes installed with VS2010 Express edition.
SQL Server 2008 R2 Express is free, can we install and integrate with VS2010 Express?
How to uninstall those database already come installed?
I have installed VS2010 express on Windows 7; just VS2010 components (VB, C#, C++ and Web Developer) and without installing any other things like SQL Express. In the Console Panel->Program & Features' window, the installed list is shown below:
- Microsoft SQL Server 2008 Setup Support File
- Microsoft SQL Server 2008 Browser
- Microsoft SQL Server VSS Writer
- Microsoft SQL Server Database Publishing Wizard 1.4
- Microsoft ASP.NET MVC2 - VWD Express 2010 Tools
- Microsoft SQL Server 2008 Management Objects
- Microsoft SQL Server Compact 3.5 SP2 ENU
- Microsoft SQL Server System CLR Types
- Microsoft Silverlight 3 SDK
- Microsoft ASP.NET MVC 2
- Microsoft Visual Studio 2010 ADO.NET Entity Framework Tools
- Visual Studio 2010 Tools doe SQL Server Compact 3.5 SP2 ENU
- Web Deployment Tool
- Microsoft Visual Web Developer 2010 Express - ENU
- Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 Express - ENU
- Microsoft Visual C# 2010 Express - ENU
- Microsoft Visual Visual Basic 2010 Express - ENU
- Microsoft SQL Server 2008
As you can see, Microsoft SQL Server 2008 (last line) and near the top, Microsoft SQL Server Compact 3.5 SP2 ENU and many of their related SQL components such as Microsoft SQL Server 2008 R2 Management Objects are also installed. These are actually installed by installing VS2010 Express, but I have no idea how to use them or verify their valid existence from VS2010.
Also, do I have to uninstall them before I install SQL Server 2008 R2, which is the latest version I believe? And what tool is needed to manage and create data source and tables?