Super User is a question and answer site for computer enthusiasts and power users. Join them; it only takes a minute:

Sign up
Here's how it works:
  1. Anybody can ask a question
  2. Anybody can answer
  3. The best answers are voted up and rise to the top

Reading about different equipment and a review I read said that the hardware uses a Floppy Power Connector how is that different than a Molex connector and if the hardware needs a Floppy Power Connector and I only have a Molex connector will it work?

share|improve this question
A “floppy power connector” is actually called a Berg connector. – Synetech Mar 4 '12 at 22:04
up vote 1 down vote accepted

The main difference between them is the size. Here you can see the details of the floppy connector and here you can see the specifics of the standard connector.

Basically, they're electrically same, but the floppy is physically smaller. Don't expect to connect the device which uses the floppy connector to the standard one without some hacks...

Also are you sure that you don't have a floppy connector? At lest one has been on power supplies for long time. If you really don't have one, you could try finding an adapter and using it for the device or making one yourself from an old power supply.

share|improve this answer
I probably have one but wasn't sure but you supplied the info I was looking for. Thanks! – L84 Nov 20 '11 at 22:38

You must log in to answer this question.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged .