ipconfig /renew to get a new IP address or default gateway
NETSH command does this. check this.
See this example for setting DNS address manually via
netsh interface ip set dns "Local Area Connection" static 192.168.0.200
configure your NIC to dynamically obtain its DNS settings (
* Obtain DNS server address automatically):
netsh interface ip set dns "Local Area Connection" dhcp
and to set the
* Obtain an IP address automatically setting:
netsh interface ip set address "Local Area Connection" dhcp
More info: read this Configure TCP/IP from the Command Prompt and How to change IP address from command prompt.
This is assuming 3 things.
1) The network adapter you're trying to change the IP for is "local area connection". It could also be "local area connection 2" or "wireless network connection". Look in your control panel for the correct name.
2) The IP you want to set is 192.168.0.101, change this to whatever IP to want to use.
3) The default gateway and dns are the same IP. If you are using some kind of router they usually are. Change this to match your network config found with the command
Here is example of batch file that I have created for your problem solutions: just change the command after the
con1: type labels
How to create batch file:
paste this code in notepad and save it as
Note: Change your connection names
"local area connection" to your
"wireless connection" name
ECHO 1. Change Connection1 Static IP
ECHO 2. Change Connection2 Static IP
ECHO 3. Change Connection3 Static IP
ECHO 4. Obtain an IP address automatically
ECHO 5. Exit
set /p choice=Type the number to print text.
if not '%choice%'=='' set choice=%choice:~0,1%
if '%choice%'=='1' goto con1
if '%choice%'=='2' goto con2
if '%choice%'=='3' goto con3
if '%choice%'=='4' goto autosearch
if '%choice%'=='5' goto end
ECHO "%choice%" is not valid, try again
ECHO Connecting Connection 1
netsh interface ip set address "Local Area Connection" static 192.168.0.10 255.255.255.0 192.168.0.1 1
ECHO Connecting Connection 2
netsh interface ip set address "Local Area Connection1" static 192.168.0.10 255.255.255.0 192.168.0.1 1
ECHO Connecting Connection 3
netsh interface ip set address "Local Area Connection2" static 192.168.0.10 255.255.255.0 192.168.0.1 1
ECHO obtaining auto IP
ipconfig /renew "Local Area Connection"
Hope this help you..
for more reference check this Set Your IP Address Via Batch File