I have not had any problems with ZoneAlarm 9 Free Firewall, but 10 is a different matter.
Whenever I open an application requiring internet access, the following happens:
- A ZoneAlarm 'Allow/Block' window pops up. Naturally, I click
- Under ZoneAlarm's program settings, the program is configured appropriately.
- The application freezes. No response.
- I try to
killit. Doesn't work: I suspect it is in use by ZoneAlarm's faulty driver, or something.
- I try to
- Temporary workaround, without having to restart the computer.
- I tediously, manually remove all handles/threads from the process using ProcessExplorer. The process is still in memory, of courser.
- I start a new instance of the application, and it doesn't freeze this time.
Computer->Programs->Application Control->Current Settings
Defense net: Manual
As a temporary solution (not sure if it works), I have had to set
Defense net to Auto.
Windows Vista Home Premium 32-Bit ZoneAlarm Free Firewall version: 10.1.065.000 vsmon version: 10.1.065.000 Driver version: 10.0.217.000 ZoneAlarm Browser Security: 1.5.350.0 ZoneAlarm ForceField Spyware Scanner: 1.5.350.0 ZoneAlarm ForceField Anti-Phishing Database: 184.108.40.206 ZoneAlarm ForceField Spyware Sites Database: 04.155