I run my own mail server and use UW's imapd/popd daemons to provide service.
This week I just upgraded my OG Droid to a new Droid 3, running Android 2.3.4 (Gingerbread). The email client is much improved over the previous one.
But now I have a bad interaction when I try to access email using imap from Thunderbird on a laptop or desktop.
Frequently Thunderbird will stop receiving any email at all, and it will appear only on the Droid.
Sometimes a Thunderbird restart will make the mail appear, but none of my "deletes" will be recorded, so when I start Thunderbird again, all my old email reappears.
If I kill all of the open imap daemons and restart xinetd, I can force it to behave for maybe a session.
I've tried turning off IDLE service (push email) on both sides, to no apparent avail. I've also tried installing DroidMail with the same result.