I've successfully set up vim on my remote machine to work with telnet, in 256 colors. However, I'm not able to make it work on ssh, even with the simplest configuration (no colors, just simple vim on ssh). I don't know if I've broken it with the color config, or it never worked.
That is, vim starts, but it freezes, it does not accept any commands: i, [Esc], :q, [Ctrl]-C... Nothing.
Here you have some additional info:
- vi works, but it is not an alias for a vim launch, it points to /bin/vi executable
- TERM is set to vt100
- I launch vim as: vim -u NONE -U NONE
- I've tried both -v (vi -compatible) and regular vim
set -o emacs export TERM=vt100 #export TERM=xterm-256color export HOME=/home/node.mgr export JAVA_HOME=... export PATH=$PATH:$JAVA_HOME/bin:.:$HOME/scripts # # bindings per i tasti direzione # vedi http://unix.derkeiler.com/Newsgroups/comp.unix.questions/2005-01/0086.html case $- in *i*) #interactive ksh # This stuff lets the arrow keys work in an xterm... alias __A=`echo "\020"` # up arrow == ^p == back a command alias __B=`echo "\016"` # dn arrow == ^n == down a command alias __C=`echo "\006"` # rt arrow == ^f == forward a character alias __D=`echo "\002"` # lf arrow == ^b == back a character esac cd $HOME
Edit: In reply to @RedGrittyBrick
> stty -a speed 38400 baud; erase = ^H; kill = ^X; intr = ^C; quit = ^\; susp = ^Z; eof = ^Y eol = ^M; stop = ^S; start = ^Q -parenb -parodd cs7 -cstopb hupcl cread -clocal ignbrk -brkint ignpar -parmrk -inpck istrip -inlcr -igncr icrnl ixon -ixoff isig icanon echo echoe echok echonl -noflsh -tostop -iexten opost -ocrnl
- "Resetting Terminal" via PuTTY doesn't work
- I can't find "Are you there" command; I'm using PuTTY v0.61.
- vim --version | grep terminfo gives: ... +terminfo...
- Sending SIG* via PuTTY menu has no effect
- changing TERM to xterm (both in env variable and in Putty session config) has no effect
Edit: In reply to @BlakBat
echo $DISPLAY gives empty string
> uname -a NONSTOP_KERNEL svimi2 H06 20 NSE-A > cat .vimrc set nocompatible set incsearch set smartcase set scrolloff=2 set wildmode=longest,list set number set nuw=6 set tabstop=4 set shiftwidth=4 set expandtab set softtabstop=4 set autoindent colorscheme elflord syntax on filetype plugin on :let mapleader = "," "fix backspace :set t_kb :fixdel