I am unable to configure a PHP/MySQL/Apache environment on my local machine using XAMPP.
In my xampp control panel the Apache and MySQL status is shown as started, but localhost URL is not working.
When I start xampp_start.exe I get the following error message.
Only one usage of each socket address (protocol/network address/ port) is normally permitted. :make_sock: could not bind to address 127.0.0.1:80 no listening socket available, shutting down. Unable to open logs
I have tried the following methods but still I am unable to fix this issue:
- I tried to reinstall after uninstalling several time.
- I changed the "Listen 80" to Listen localhost:80, localhost:8080, 127.0.0.1:80, 127.0.0.1:8080, MySystemIP:80/8080 and tried to execute the relevant url in my browser.
- I executed the netstat -noa and tasklist and found only Apache alone is using Port80.
- Skype is also not using the port80.
- I edited the firewall to allow port80.
- Also disabled the firewall.
Is there any other solution to fix my problem. I remember that, everything worked properly once and 10 months back I uninstalled the setup. Now when i try to reinstall xampp the issue is raised. I am Using Win-xp os. Am using avast AntiVirus. Installed XAMPP Windows 1.7.7 installer in "E/xampp" location , but my program files and OS are installed in C drive.
Please help me ASAP. Thanks a lot in advance