I was a Windows user. Then I switched to Ubuntu at work for (web) development and never looked back. Now that I upgraded my home system, the question came to my mind: Windows / linux.
- I like the general look / feel / rendering of Ubuntu (Maverick Meerkat)
- APT = heaven
- Feels more secure compared to Windows
In favor of Windows:
You guessed it - I'm a developer / amateur photographer. But I wonder which option is 'best':
- Ubuntu as host; Windows virtualized (Virtualbox) for photo editing
- Windows as host; Ubuntu virtualized (Virtualbox) for development
- Dual boot - downside is reboot needed if I want to go from development to photography.
System is core i5, SSD 120 GB and 500 GB data disk, 16 GB DDR3. From time to time I like to play a game as well, will VirtualBox be good enough so I can play games as I was in native Windows?