Super User is a question and answer site for computer enthusiasts and power users. It's 100% free, no registration required.

Sign up
Here's how it works:
  1. Anybody can ask a question
  2. Anybody can answer
  3. The best answers are voted up and rise to the top

I've tried searching for this on Google and here but can't seem to find it. I'm looking for a shortcut similar to Tab where it goes to the next input field in a form (in Chrome on the web). Is there a way to go backwards instead of forward through the fields?

share|improve this question
up vote 2 down vote accepted

Shift+Tab allows you to go backwards through fields in most software.

Similarly, Shift+Ctrl+Tab goes backwards through browser tabs.

share|improve this answer

Your Answer


By posting your answer, you agree to the privacy policy and terms of service.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.