Super User is a question and answer site for computer enthusiasts and power users. It's 100% free, no registration required.

Sign up
Here's how it works:
  1. Anybody can ask a question
  2. Anybody can answer
  3. The best answers are voted up and rise to the top

I use computers where I don't have access to the control panel to add/change keyboard layouts, but would like to use the Dvorak layout on these computers.

Is there some software that will remap the keystrokes to the appropriate dvorak ones?

share|improve this question
So you have rights to install software but not get to the keymapping in the control panel? Odd security. – EBGreen Dec 5 '11 at 17:57
Yes, most software will install just fine, it will be reset at next boot, though (Clean Slate). So I guess some program that would just change that registry setting for keyboard layout would also work. Interesting thought. – penguinrob Dec 5 '11 at 23:11

I found this AutoHotKey script, which I just compiled into a handy little 202 KB .exe file - Works like a charm, and completely portable!

share|improve this answer

Your Answer


By posting your answer, you agree to the privacy policy and terms of service.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.