Super User is a question and answer site for computer enthusiasts and power users. It's 100% free, no registration required.

Sign up
Here's how it works:
  1. Anybody can ask a question
  2. Anybody can answer
  3. The best answers are voted up and rise to the top

Hopefully this image illustrates what I'm after to help view a long log file: column sketch.

Preferably a text editor, but any suggestions welcome.

share|improve this question
Are you asking for a text editor that, instead of creating a large, vertical scroll region, wraps text to a "new page", that is displayed to the right of the last one? – RLH Dec 7 '11 at 13:10
@RLH: Yes, this is what I'm after. – Umber Ferrule Dec 7 '11 at 23:27
Pretty sure you can do this in Word, let me see what it's called; then we can look for other editors with the feature. – HaydnWVN Dec 15 '11 at 10:33

enter image description here

Word can do this with it's 'columns' feature.

share|improve this answer

Your Answer


By posting your answer, you agree to the privacy policy and terms of service.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.