Can Windows 7 Home Premium 32bit retail full install be used with Windows 7 Home Premium 32bit Upgrade license key?
I bought a Windows-7 32 or 64bit Home Premium Upgrade DVD (upgrade from Vista). I complete the installation upgrade of Windows-7 32 bit Home Premium doing the following:
- Install Windows 32bit Vista Basic DVD.
- Use Vista serial product license key/COA
- Install Windows 7 Home Premium Upgrade (using the 32bit DVD, not the 64bit edition DVD, can only use one or the other)
- Install of Windows 7 Home Premium checks for Vista already present and then once found OK offers the option of complete clean install, i.e. wiping the drive first.
- Use Windows 7 Home Premium License product serial number license key/COA
- All OK - valid install upgrade path
But, if I ever need to do this again, for quickness, I'd rather just use a full retail (non-OEM) Windows Home Premium 32bit install DVD from scratch and type in the Windows 7 Home Premium License product serial number license key/COA. Can I do this?
Done some searching already but the results are mixed up with OEM installs so not clear if I can or not, e.g.:
- Install Retail Windows 7 Ultimate disk with Home Premium OEM CD Key
This one is closest, but does it apply to my specific question too: