I have searched pretty extensively for a solution to this issue without resolve, so I was hoping that someone here could help me.
Problem: After having used my new PC since May of this year, I started get this BSOD STOP 0x000000F4 immediately after the Windows loading screen about a week ago. I run a dual boot between Linux and Windows, and Linux runs fine (what I'm typing on now).
To remedy I have tried the following:
- Clearing CMOS
- Updating BIOs to latest version
- Putting RAM in different slots
- Running memcheck and Windows Memory Check without detectable issue
- Running full SMART diagnostics on my harddrive to detect any flags that would indicate pre-failure status.
- Unplugging and plugging back in all SATA connections. The harddrive is correctly in the master SATA controller port.
- Running Windows 7 Repair; doing system restore
- Deleting the pagefile.sys file
To be clear, I cannot even get into Safe Mode. Apparently Windows was not configured to create minidumps upon realization of a BSOD, so I have no reasonable debug information to use to diagnose the issue. Even if I did, I'm not aware of any utility I can use on linux to look at windows symbol dumps.
- ASROCK P67 Extreme Mobo
- Intel Core i5 2500K
- Samsung Spinpoint - 1 TB
- EVGA nVidia Geforce 560 Ti
As I said, I was running on this setup for about six months before this happened. Nothing has changed on either the hardware or software level.