I have a CentOS 6.1 virtual machine, virtualized with VirtualBox on Windows XP. This machine hosts my local development MySQL server.
I'd like to find the correct network configuration, so that:
- my guest machine always has the same IP, and is accessible from the host
- my guest machine can always use the host's internet access (whether wired or wireless)
I've so far tried these different solutions:
- pros: provides internet access, whichever the connection
- cons: does not provide a working connection from the host to the guest
- pros: provides bidirectionnal network connection, provides internet connection
- cons: works only with one adapter, I have to switch the settings each time my connection parameters change
- Host-Only Network
- pros: provides bidirectionnal network connection
- cons: no internet access from the guest
Any better idea to achieve my goal?