Super User is a question and answer site for computer enthusiasts and power users. It's 100% free, no registration required.

Sign up
Here's how it works:
  1. Anybody can ask a question
  2. Anybody can answer
  3. The best answers are voted up and rise to the top

Is it possible? Are there any software(s) (possibly free ones if any) that can perform such photo edit?

share|improve this question
Did you want to rotate the whole image by a few degrees? Most image editors can do that (e.g. Picasa "straighten") – RedGrittyBrick Dec 23 '11 at 9:58
No, I do not wish to rotate the whole image. I just want to rotate that face on the image by a few degrees. – Larry Morries Dec 27 '11 at 3:18

You can do this in most photo-editing software such as Photoshop ($$$) or Gimp (Free) but it isn't as simple as you might want. When you rotate a face you will have some gaps left behind (unless the face is perfectly circular, which is rare) you need to fill these gaps from similar nearby areas.

  • select the face (use edge detection or manual outline tracing)
  • rotate the selection (you may need to cut and paste first)
  • fill in the gaps (zoom in and use a "clone" tool).
share|improve this answer

Your Answer


By posting your answer, you agree to the privacy policy and terms of service.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.