Hm not a promising review on Cnet;
The Good:no connection issues for 2 years
The Bad:constantly drops out every few hours
worked fine for 2 years n now i get constant dropouts every few
hours.. also sucks if u have 2 xbox's, never get open NAT on both
I did a bit of research which may help you;
http://forums.whirlpool.net.au/archive/621651 - Good advice here;
Also check all your line filters - a bad one can cause poor speeds
and/or dropouts (not droppings - those are caused by birds).
exact setup as mine...change modulation to d.gmt this should solve all
your problems, you will however find you cannot sync higher than about
8mbs on g.dmt, if you want higher change to G624T firmware, from this
NB to change modulation go go to 10.1.1.1 in browser and got to
advanced tab and scroll down to adsl tab
drop outs on a computer are not internet drop outs, so dont change the
modulation type, just call dlink and do a firmware upgrade to fix the
wireless drop outs.
as i mentioned i have EXACTLY the same setup as he does, right down to
the wireless card and i WAS experiencing WLAN dropouts, but not
internet dropouts and changing modulation to g.dmt fixed all my
problems, apparently theres a fault with multimode and wireless on
Dump it and buy
Netgear box instead. It will cost you more than 70 in time to get this
one woroking OK unless you either a) Turn ALL security off or b) Use
only D-link wireless cards
I was having the same problems for months.
It transpired that the BT cables in my house were not digital. A BT
engineer had to come out and replace all the cables.
http://www.the-scream.co.uk/forums/t25469.html - Could need an engineer to come out if still no joy;
BT came out today, did something at the telegraph pole that had had
the DACS, and it's working fine this evening.
Tesco's customer service throughout has largely consisted of the same
routine questions being repeated at my expense - had I reset,
restarted, unplugged everything else, tried the test socket - followed
by suggestions verging on ridiculous. Once I had confirmed the obvious
internal connections and setup had been checked, they should have had
a record of what I had already done. I wonder if this is
representative of most broadband suppliers.