- The host computer is win64bit.
- I want to run a 64bit Linux guest.
- The CPU is AMD 64bit 2-core.
- I couldn't find HyperThreading or VT, or HT option in the BIOS.
- VirtualBox version is: 4.18
However, VirtualBox tells me that I must enable VT/HT for 64-on-64 scenario.
Why is it mandatory?
How else can I run 64 bit guest?
Edit AMD Athlon 64 X2 3800+ code name windsor socket AM2 940 with AMD-v instructions!
the comments might be correct: it seems that the CPU supports AMD-V, but the BIOS (award) - doesn't!
in addition to the answer, @kobaltz was correct:
I had to upgrade my BIOS in order to see an option of chaning virtualization support. Support was there, but the BIOS didn't take it into account.