Today I did some cleaning in my laptop as GPU and CPU were overheating (100C). I have done it many times so I was confident in myself. After putting all together the internal LCD screen was not working(totally switched off). I connected an external monitor and it was fine.
The CPU is still overheating so I guess I will buy thermopaste tomorrow.
But I am concerned about the internal monitor. What could be the reason for that? I checked connections and everything seems to befine. I thought maybe only the backlight is not working, but after illuminating the monitor I still couldn't see any pixels working.
How can I know what kind of problem can it be?
EDIT: Just checked again, cannot see any faint image. Tried to switch the monitors on Windows, but it doesn't do anything. It's not recognized at all. The webcam on monitor works fine.
It's HP Compaq CQ60