I have been looking for a convenient tool to help me build my knowledge-base for some time now. I have just discovered WikiPad and I am amazed.
The tool seems great but has one drawback - it is a single user application.
What I would want to know is if there is a free WikiPad-like multi-user application.
Ideally the application should:
- allow creating a knowledge-base using simple wiki-like syntax,
- comprise a light-weight notepad-y Windows/Linux editor, which would be run locally and store the data on a remote server machine,
- allow concurent editing of pages (e.g. by tracking changes in the data files by a svn/git),
- allow linking other files (also tracked by the svn/git) with the pages,
- allow transforming the knowledge-base content into a HTML presentation.
Thanks for any help.