Super User is a question and answer site for computer enthusiasts and power users. It's 100% free, no registration required.

Sign up
Here's how it works:
  1. Anybody can ask a question
  2. Anybody can answer
  3. The best answers are voted up and rise to the top

I am using a wireless USB adapter with my PC (I have Windows XP installed). I want to distribute this USB network connection through the LAN card of my PC using a hub so that my three other friends (which are using Windows 7) can also use it on their laptops.

How can I do it? Should I use cross cables or straight one?

share|improve this question
up vote 0 down vote accepted

It should be easy to use the "Internet Connection Sharing" feature of Windows XP to allow your friends to get onto the internet using your computer as a gateway.

If using a hub/switch you need straight UTP cables.

share|improve this answer
thanks jhcaiced.. it worked – Itian Jan 10 '12 at 12:59

Your Answer


By posting your answer, you agree to the privacy policy and terms of service.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.