I have a 24 inch LCD and the LCD display of my laptop which are extensively used, so i cannot save the screen by keeping it turned (using less). I have already set the display options to shut down the LCD after 1 minute (so screensaver is irrelevant) but still that shut down doesn't happen very often.
My laptop screen has already started to lose colors (colors have become less rich and more grayish, white has become yellowish), but it has been more than two years but i started to see fading after almost 1 year, which i do not want to see happening so soon to the new screen and the new laptop.
My questions are:
- How can i prevent the colors from dimming as long as possible?
- What is generally the life of LCD, i mean before one should start seeing the effects of an old display?
- Does LED last longer? Should i chose LED instead? Is there any other better alternative (except CRT)?
- Setting the display to turn off, it frequently happens that I have to turn it back on at the same moment, does it cause problems? And in this case is a screensaver equally good alternative?
- What about temperatures? Summers are around 45 C, are precautions needed? Both for LCD and LED?