Super User is a question and answer site for computer enthusiasts and power users. It's 100% free, no registration required.

Sign up
Here's how it works:
  1. Anybody can ask a question
  2. Anybody can answer
  3. The best answers are voted up and rise to the top

I need a software that can creates effects in webcam for video chat in Google and Skype. I can do effects with HP touchsmart softwares. but not able to do the same for Google talk or Skype.

EDIT: Effects like big eyes, big nose, bulging head, overlaying hats, hair etc.

share|improve this question

Well, you're very non-specific about what sort of "effects" you want, but I suspect ManyCam might fit the bill here.

share|improve this answer
Effects like big eyes, big nose, bulging head, overlaying hats, hair etc. – Jeyanth Kumar Jan 6 '12 at 17:34
many cam doesn't do those effects – Jeyanth Kumar Jan 6 '12 at 17:43
It does in fact do some of those, but not all. Thank you for actually clarifying - a lot of folks will never bother even when asked! I'll leave the answer here in case it's ever useful to anyone else, though. – Shinrai Jan 6 '12 at 19:41

if you have HP touchsmart ... go to your skype/gtalk configuration menu: tools/options/video and select the "HP webcam filter or HP webcam splitter"

, then the messaging application will use your HP webcam and you will be able to use all the effects during your video call.

Hope it helps


share|improve this answer

Your Answer


By posting your answer, you agree to the privacy policy and terms of service.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.