I had this problem with mp3s from Bandcamp - their files have the artist and the album title and the song title in the filename, so sometimes they get long!
My workaround is to the use Ark's "preview" option.
Once I have selected the offending file, and selected Preview, it then starts playing in my music player (I use Clementine). I then right click on the file in Clementine and click "show in file browser". This then opens up a file browser window showing the temp directory that the previewed file is being kept in (if you use a different music player without this option, guess you will just have to find the directory manually).
I then stop the song playing, then quickly rename it in the temp directory and cut and paste it to where I want it.
If you are too slow, then the file disappears from the temp directory and you have to start again.
Dunno if it would work for other file types.
Hope this helps anyone who came here from google like I did. As a non-techy, I did not understand what "printing the problematic file to stdout" means, but this workaround works for me!