Super User is a question and answer site for computer enthusiasts and power users. Join them; it only takes a minute:

Sign up
Here's how it works:
  1. Anybody can ask a question
  2. Anybody can answer
  3. The best answers are voted up and rise to the top

I need to connect USB ports like this one:

enter image description here

on my motherboard. I know that I need to connect it by wires with USB header pins on motherboard.

Good example is how external USB ports are connected - that is quite simple.

But, I need to find items like that connector on motherboard and wires and I suppose I need some tools to make this work. How do I get this to connect to my motherboard?

share|improve this question

migrated from Jan 9 '12 at 18:43

This question came from our site for electronics and electrical engineering professionals, students, and enthusiasts.

If there are expansion molex type header pins for an off the board port, then you will probably need some wire, heatshrink (optional), molex KK type connectors, some crimp contacts and crimp tool. – Oli Glaser Jan 9 '12 at 15:52

You need something like this

Google "USB header connector"

share|improve this answer
Nice find Chris – Moab Jan 10 '12 at 1:35

You must log in to answer this question.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged .