I have seven computers with Windows 7 Professional, three computers having problems. When you want to make drive C or D (Windows 7 Professional edition clients) become mapped network drives for a remote user (Windows 7 Ultimate), then it should show the security windows, prompting to enter the password for network client 1.
When I enter the correct username and password, the client is not letting me access the C or D drive when Windows security reappears. Firewall is off, RPC is enabled, and remote desktop is on. The antivirus allows networking.
- If you enter a username and password for this Windows 7 Professional client directly on the computer, it works.
- Windows 7 Professional clients other than the four computers do not experience the same problem
- Again and again I checked the settings on four computers, the settings remain the same but the results are different.
- Which client settings do I have to make to get this functionality working again?
- Is there a difference between the facilities Windows 7 Professional and Ultimate offer with regards to remote drive?