Super User is a question and answer site for computer enthusiasts and power users. It's 100% free, no registration required.

Sign up
Here's how it works:
  1. Anybody can ask a question
  2. Anybody can answer
  3. The best answers are voted up and rise to the top

On win7.

The Swedish (SE) numeric keyboard layout has a "," instead of "." as numeric separator character.

I want the numeric keyboard to give me "." when I press the "," key.
And I want to keep the rest of the keyboard working as a SE keyboard, so switching keyboards don't work.

Anyway to solve this ?

share|improve this question
On which operating system? – Robert Jan 10 '12 at 13:32
up vote 2 down vote accepted

Assuming you're using Windows, you can use the Microsoft Keyboard Layout Creator for this.

  1. Download and install the program.

  2. Go to File -> Load Existing Keyboard... and choose the Swedish layout.

  3. Change the assignment for the decimal separator key.

  4. Go to Project -> Build DLL and Setup Package.

  5. Run the setup.

share|improve this answer
verified on win7. – user19496 Jan 10 '12 at 14:30

Your Answer


By posting your answer, you agree to the privacy policy and terms of service.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.