Super User is a question and answer site for computer enthusiasts and power users. Join them; it only takes a minute:

Sign up
Here's how it works:
  1. Anybody can ask a question
  2. Anybody can answer
  3. The best answers are voted up and rise to the top

Are the silver ones exclusively for thermal printing and the white ones for inkjet printing ?
Or is there a silver type for inkjet as well ?
Do you have photos of both type after printing ? I've never seen them (can't open them in stores)

share|improve this question
up vote 2 down vote accepted

You will need to look at the label. Inkjet printable ones can be either white or silver. Also, thermal printable ones are white or crystal. Injet and Thermal printable are not the same.

Here is a Verbatim information page to see the different types they make.

share|improve this answer
Important to note: inkjet silver printable disks are not available in Europe but in the USA, except for a model that requires a professional printer and might require a special reader. Conclusion: use the standard white surface – user2534 Jan 12 '12 at 15:56
That is good information. You should add it by editing your question so anyone who reads it will get that info. – CharlieRB Jan 12 '12 at 16:05
The injet silvers printed, are similar to printing on a fuzzy mirror. It has a completly different apperance than the white. While the injet versions of them sucks up the ink the same way, the base surface is more "hologramy" The picture is transparent. Very nice for making a specific glassy Look, very bad for reading small text. I have some prints done with them, but I dont have the rights to post it. I dont think the "effect" would show up well with a scan either. – Psycogeek Jan 14 '12 at 16:57

You must log in to answer this question.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged .