So i got this new TV that is DLNA compliant and can play video files and streams from the network. This works great already with files from a streaming server (Windows Server running Serviio) inside the network setup.
But now i'm trying to stream my screen from my Mac to my TV as there is video content I can not directly play back on the TV. In this specific case it is video content from a video on demand service only providing a stream to silverlight web players.
Any suggestions on a software that is able to capture my screen would be greatly appreciated.
Some basic things the software should be capable of:
- Runs on Mac OS X Lion
- It should be configurable which of the screens from my dual-head should be captured
- Provide an (mp4/mpeg + mp3/aac/ac3) stream over http from that capture
- Low latency/delay preferred, there's nothing wrong with 10 seconds buffering or something like that but it shouldn't take 5 minutes of delay (let's say i want to fast forward a few minutes, it should be somewhat usable)
- (Optional +1) It would be perfect if the software can create a 3rd virtual monitor for the video, so you can work on the Mac in parallel)
- (Optional +1) Free (as in beer)
- (Optional +10) OpenSource