I need to convert WMA metadata into MP3 ID3 tags. FFmpeg should be able to dump them into a file and load them back to another using implemented mappers. I cannot find syntax of usage though:
I cannot convert files using FFmpeg directly because it fails on 1% of them, which is critical for thousands of files. Some errors:
ff asf bad header 0 at:264993 [asf @ 0046DA60] ff asf skip 2252 (unknown stream) [asf @ 0046DA60] ff asf bad header 0 at:267254 [mp3 @ 0003DA60] max_analyze_duration 5000000 reached at 5015510 Truncating packet of size 1024 to 563 [mp3 @ 0171b0c0] Header missing get_buffer() failed Error while decoding stream #0:0
I could convert them using Mplayer to WAV and then from WAV to MP3 using LAME, but losing metadata in the process.
I have not decided about workaround yet but I will not use mplayer and stay with ffmpeg. I analyzed/displayed wave of the files in audacity and it seems that I deal with 3 kind of errors:
- get_buffer() failed Error while decoding stream #0:0 [98% of bugs]:
- seems to be caused by "truncated fade out" file ending or some missing frame
- it's not listenable and mp3 file seems to be ok
- ff asf skip, bad header, truncating, .. [2% of bugs only]:
- the file is broken in some way, not always listenable
- just few of them contain a micro gap of cracking noise
- max_analyze_duration reached, Header missing [warnings only]:
- very rare, maybe caused by wrongly ended or large header (with photo included etc.)
- result file is fine to listen
The mplayer uses the ffmpeg and seems that it just ignores the bugs. I will probably ignore the get_buffer() error while keeping failed the other ones.