Terminal Services Configuration RDP-Tcp v6.1 Environment setting:
Run initial program specified by user profile and Remote Desktop Connection or client
- Run mstsc.exe on the client
- Enter the server address on the General tab
- Enable "Start the following program on connection" in the Programs tab
- Enter "c:\windows\system32\notepad.exe" without quotes in the "Program path and file name" field
- Enter "c:\windows\system32" without quotes in the "Start in the following folder" field
- Click Connect
- Enter the password and click OK
- Click Yes to connect to the server despite the certificate error
- A connection to the server was successfully established and user is logged in
However, notepad.exe is not launched in the remote desktop connection window.
How can I fix this?
Client: Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit SP1, mstsc.exe v6.1.7601.17514
Server: Windows Server 2008 Datacenter v6.0.6002 SP2 (Hosted on Amazon EC2)