Somehow on my wife computer the default Microsoft keyboard shortcut scheme was changed into some "legacy scheme". This is the 2nd time she managed to do it and the last time I was only able to resolve it by opening a new user account for her. This only applies to Word, other office applications still have the normal shortcuts. Any ideas?
Update: some more details.
The OS is Windows 7 x64. Office 2000 is not fully compatible with it but it is good enough.
Now, it is possible to change the keyboard shortcuts one by one via "Customize Keyboard" but obviously this is not how she changed it in the first place. She is not an advanced user and doesn't go to the options menu. My wild speculations are:
- Since Word keeps some of the settings in the files perhaps some file she opened changed the default settings.
- Some mysterious keystroke sequence that her fingers tend to like.
- Some website that manages to change it.
The 2 things I hope to find out are:
- How did she enter this mode.
- How do I revert it in a single shot by copying over some file or importing a registry file. So basically where does Word keep its keyboard shortcuts.
I did try to copy the normal.dot template from my account over hers but it didn't solve the issue.