On an otherwise pristine Windows 7 Enterprise install:
- Install PuTTY 0.62
- Create public/private key pair with puttygen.exe
- Add public key for pasting into OpenSSH authorized_keys to github account
- Add private key to pageant
- Install msysgit 1.7.8 with the following options:
- Use Git from Windows Command Prompt
- Use (Tortoise)Plink pointed to correct plink.exe
- Make sure github fingerprint is added to know_hosts by connecting to github.com in PuTTY and accepting fingerprint
Host github.com User git Hostname github.com PreferredAuthentications publickey IdentityFile ~\.ssh\github.ppk
ssh -vvvT email@example.com gives: http://pastebin.com/Tu3Fc6nJ. Note that I'm being prompted for the pass-phrase despite it being successfully loaded into pageant.
chmod 700 ~/.ssh; chmod 600 ~/.ssh/* from within Git Bash but there was no effect as verified by
I should note that I had this exact setup working on a previous Windows 7 install. Everything is identical as far as I can tell.
What does work is generating keys from within Git Bash. However, I cannot add those keys into pageant, which is a huge pain. In effect, it seems that any attempt to use keys generated by PuTTY is unsucessful.
Any insight on what's preventing this from working based on the logs? Thanks in advance.