Super User is a question and answer site for computer enthusiasts and power users. It's 100% free, no registration required.

Sign up
Here's how it works:
  1. Anybody can ask a question
  2. Anybody can answer
  3. The best answers are voted up and rise to the top

I'd like to see which modifier keys I've pressed during screen recordings so my students can understand what keys I've pressed while I click and drag.

Is there any software that can do this?

I'm aware that Windows 7 does this internally, if there's a way to enable it.

Windows 7

When you have a Wacom tablet connected to your PC, or if you have a Tablet PC, windows shows little yellow tip bubbles whenever you press modifier keys.

Any way to enable these on a normal PC?



  • I've tried starting the Tablet PC Input Service but nothing happens.

  • The Tablet PC Settings dialog has nothing interesting either.

Is there a registry setting I can tweak?


share|improve this question

Something like ShowOff? Never used it, but recently stumbled upon it.

share|improve this answer

Your Answer


By posting your answer, you agree to the privacy policy and terms of service.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.