The article addresses IE9. I'm using IE11, but I put Content Advisor back in after MS took it out.
I cannot make the "Noaccess.rat" file work. First I cut and pasted the provided text into a Notepad document. But it did not load and gave an error message. Then I typed it in fresh myself into Notepad and it loaded.
Once it loaded it still did not work. It did a wonderful job blocking almost everything and allowing what was in the "Approved Sites." But below the domain in the Approved Sites list it faltered and starting blocking those URLs under the domain.
I tried every possible configuration I could think of. I used TRACERT to get the IPs for the domains. This did not work. I put in the http:// and https:// with the regular URLs and the IP addresses without success. I tried it in an administrator account and in a regular user account to no avail. I thought maybe the homepage for the browser would always get through but it didn't. I tried adding more elements to follow the URL or the IP in the Approved Sites list and still it failed.
I really want to lock a computer down to only two sites and the URLs below those sites/domains. I don't want people in our public library using the computer to go to Facebook and Google, etc.