Super User is a question and answer site for computer enthusiasts and power users. It's 100% free, no registration required.

Sign up
Here's how it works:
  1. Anybody can ask a question
  2. Anybody can answer
  3. The best answers are voted up and rise to the top

Is there a tool in Linux which divides the screen into two halves allowing to zoom windows not only to the whole screen but also to those halves? Thank you.

share|improve this question
What do you mean "zoom"? – new123456 Jan 18 '12 at 12:29
One of three buttons in the top left (for apple) or right (for everything else) corner of a resizable window. – aaa Jan 18 '12 at 13:17
You mean Maximize.. Anyway, have a look at dwm - – Bibhas Jan 18 '12 at 20:24

Your Answer


By posting your answer, you agree to the privacy policy and terms of service.

Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.