I'm trying to enable remote connections but i'm having some trouble. Here's my setup
- SQL Express is installed on Win2k8 R2.
- Windows firewall turned off
- SQL Browser service started and running
- SQL TCP/IP protocol enabled
- SQL Server configured to allow Windows & Sql authentication
- SQL Server configured to allow remote connections
With all those settings i still fail to establish a remote connection.
On the local machine i tried
telnet localhost 1433 Could not open connection to the host, on port 1433: Connect failed
This is a fresh installation. What could be wrong?