With most Windows executables (DLL, EXE...), version and other details can be viewed using "Details" tab in "Properties" (Alt+Enter).
I wonder: is there also a command-line way to do this? I'm particularly interested for Product version, but also other things could be useful.
Following properties are desired, in order of precedence:
- accept exe/dll path as a parameter
- output to standard output (so you can process the rest via
- available by default in all supported Windows (XP+)
- available by default in Windows Vista+
- available by default in Windows XP
- usable in commercial environment
- free license (GPL-like)
- portable (ie. standalone exe, maybe accompanied with DLL)