One thing I really like in Windows 7 is the taskbar. I'm wondering if there is some program in Linux which will give me the same functionality.
Here is the functionality that is important to me:
- I can pin a number of programs to the taskbar.
- Each of these programs can be started with a keyboard shortcut.
- If the program is already running, the keyboard shortcut switches to it.
- I can press another key combination to start a new instance of an already started program.
- Pressing the start program shortcut repeatedly cycles through open instances.
- Hovering on the icon shows running instances if there are any.
- Running instances and launch button is represented by the same button/icon