I am using windows 7, I cannot connect to a shared network drive on another machine.
- I can ping the machine.
- I can remote desktop connect to the machine.
- The machine is on the same subnet
- My friend with the exact same laptop as me (and on the same network, same workgroup) can connect to the shared folder.
- The machine I am trying to connect to and my friends machine can both see shared folders on my machine.
- I also cannot see shared folders on the friends laptop.
- When I select diagnose, windows tells me nothing useful.
- When I select see details on the error pop up, I see: Error code: 0x80004005 (google doesn't help much)
- I can nbtstat -a the machine who has the shared folder.
- When I try with my firewall turned off the same happens.
- I have ensured my windows 7 has all updates.
- I run security essentials to ensure my laptop is clean.
- I run ccleaner to clean up my registry. Same error.
- I have tried with my laptop on both wireless and ethernet.
As you can imagine, I am banging my head against the wall on this one.