Super User is a question and answer site for computer enthusiasts and power users. Join them; it only takes a minute:

Sign up
Here's how it works:
  1. Anybody can ask a question
  2. Anybody can answer
  3. The best answers are voted up and rise to the top

Hi I was asked by a colleague to set-up a certificate to one of my colleagues laptop.

I was sent a link and a username & pwd to login to a ejbca site & told that I should only use IE.

My question is, do I have to open that link on my own laptop or to my colleagues laptop? Haven't done setting up a certificate, so not sure how to do this? Thanks for your help

share|improve this question
up vote 2 down vote accepted

You should open the link in the colleague's laptop, if it has IE installed.

The process can vary a lot between various setups, so no accurate answer can be given. But usually it's simple enough – log in, enter the required data (sometimes nothing at all is required), and the private key will be generated and the certificate installed automatically.

share|improve this answer

You must log in to answer this question.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged .