I am using the HWBOT site to submit benchmarks. I have had some success with CPU benchmarking, achieving a hardware rank of #1 for my specific hardware in SuperPI 1M and #3 for SuperP! 32M.
However, graphics card performance is not going so well. Remember that this is a rating for my specific hardware, so it really isn't a matter at all about which graphics card I have (I have a GTX 570M), since the benchmark tests are compared against other users with the same graphics card.
The important thing to note here, is that I am using complete standard stock cooling (It's a laptop anyway), and also that I am not doing any kind of overclocking.
So far I have:
- Closed all software programs
- Disabled all services possible that don't make my PC crash
- Disabled all Windows visual effects
- Cleared all Windows cache
- Installed the latest NVIDIA drivers (the newest Beta drivers)
- Even tried lowering the screen resolution to minimum (800 x 600)
I can't think of anything else I could do to improve my hardware score. Using "Unigine Heaven" with 'Basic Preset (DX9)', I achieved a score of about 1270.
My first attempt was a score of 1230, and when I disabled visual effects and lowered the screen resolution, it increased my score by 40 points.
If anyone can give me more ideas to help improve my score, please do tell.