My computer sometimes suddenly restarts. This issue has always existed, and I can't seem to figure it out :/ Have been living with this issue for more than a year, now it's time that it changes!
The computer is just suddenly off, and starts up again.
It's completely random, sometimes it doesn't happen for days, sometimes two or more times right after another. Sometimes right after boot, sometimes after hours, sometimes not at all. Sometimes when I am using the computer heavily, sometimes when I'm not using it at all, or only surfing, or only playing music, etc.
- It happens on both Windows 7 and Mac OS Lion, so not a OS problem. (Yes, it's a Hackintosh)
- I checked the RAM extensively, then replaced it, so not a RAM issue.
- Temperatures in the computer are all fine. No overheating.
- Used different hard drives for running the OS, so not a Hard Drive issue.
- Did an update to a different BIOS, problem persisted. So not a BIOS problem.
- Neither Mac OS's nor Windows's logs show anything. No blue screen on Win, although switched on.
My questions now:
- I tested the processor (Core2Quad) with Intel's Processor Diagnostic Tool, and it passed the test. I assume it means there can't be the processor, is that right?
- How can I check the power supply? (I don't have a spare)
- How can I detect whether it's the motherboard or not?
How can I solve this problem?
Thanks a lot!
UPDATE: It wasn't the PSU. Replaced it with a new, more powerful one and the problem persists :( Seems like my motherboard is causing this...