Super User is a question and answer site for computer enthusiasts and power users. It's 100% free, no registration required.

Sign up
Here's how it works:
  1. Anybody can ask a question
  2. Anybody can answer
  3. The best answers are voted up and rise to the top

I Cleaned my system multiple times in past, today also i did the same thing. When i try to Power on my System, i am able to see the Intel Processor Boot screen(able to hear Beap sound) and after 1min it's suddenly turning off.

I checked my system all the way with in my knowledge, Like:
1. Resetting BIOS Settings (jumper/comos process).
2. Checking RAM by remvoing slots one by one (I have 2 slots 1+1 GB).
3. And checking SMPS (Green and Black connection with wire, and it's working fine).

Is there any Check i am Missing?

Please inform me with Details..

share|improve this question
What did you do when you cleaned your system? Did you disconnect anything? Did you remove anything? – David Schwartz Feb 5 '12 at 9:55
Yes @DavidSchwartz, I removed CPU fan, RAM, IDE Card(DVD player), 24 power pin, SATA Cable and it's power pins. And i set it back again.(and verified). – Chandra Sekhar Feb 5 '12 at 10:54
99% chance it was something you did during cleaning 1% chance something failed as a coincidence. Disconnect all but essential hardware (cpu and 1 stick ram) see if you get a post screen. – Moab Feb 5 '12 at 16:12

There's a long list of things that could have gone wrong. For example, a hair or ball of dust could have lodged in one of the RAM slots. The CPU fan might have been connected to the wrong fan header. The heat sink may not be tight and flat against the CPU. And so on.

share|improve this answer
No luck @David Schwart, I again tried re-assembling my PC, same thing repeating. (system turning off afater 1/2mins, While pressing Power on button). – Chandra Sekhar Feb 5 '12 at 13:20

Your Answer


By posting your answer, you agree to the privacy policy and terms of service.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.