Super User is a question and answer site for computer enthusiasts and power users. It's 100% free, no registration required.

Sign up
Here's how it works:
  1. Anybody can ask a question
  2. Anybody can answer
  3. The best answers are voted up and rise to the top

Is there a keyboard shortcut to toggle page display in Acrobat (Reader or Professional) from single-page to two-up? (And even from continuous to 'normal')

(I know the various shortcuts for changing magnification [ctrl +, ctrl -, ctrl 0, ctrl 1, ctrl 2 and ctrl 3], but I often want to switch between two page and single page as well)

share|improve this question
What OS are you using? – Daniel Beck Feb 6 '12 at 11:20
There doesn't seem to be one, but you could navigate to the options with keystrokes.. – Raystafarian Feb 6 '12 at 11:27
@daniel: Windows 7 – Rabarberski Feb 6 '12 at 12:45
up vote 4 down vote accepted

Keyboard shortcuts should be shown in the menus to the right of the menu option. As none are shown, the only shortcuts are:

  • Alt+V,PS single page
  • Alt+V,PU two up
share|improve this answer
+1 for providing the one valid way to do this, but on my system (Reader (X) 10.1.2), two-page side-by-side is Alt+V, P, P, and continuous is Alt+V, P, C. Perhaps something like AutoHotKey could be used to provide a single-stroke solution?... – Ross Aiken Jul 11 '12 at 15:33
Wait, so not for adobe reader? I use Reader , hmm I guess I need acrobat, thnx!!! – Adel Jun 18 '14 at 23:10

Alternatively here is an autohotkey script:

Single page, Windows Key + S


Double page, Windows Key + D

share|improve this answer

Your Answer


By posting your answer, you agree to the privacy policy and terms of service.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.